• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

EASIER Trumpet Concertos?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dollytrumpet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject: EASIER Trumpet Concertos? Reply with quote

I have a transfer student who is fairly advanced for 13yo. I haven't run into this scenario, as he is advanced in some areas but is just learning double tonguing and other skills in our lessons. His range and tone are solid. He wants to audition for a concerto competition, and I would LOVE recommendations for concertos which might be on his level. Thank you for any ideas.
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming the audition is a single movement from the concerto, but if your student wins or does well enough, will he perform the entire concerto, or just a movement?

If it is an entire concerto, the Hummel Concerto is the first one that comes to mind. I've heard eighth graders perform it well.

The Neruda Concerto is another to consider. The second movement can seem overwhelming to students, but breaks down fairly easily with some help. The first and third movements have conveniently located rests, so they aren't too daunting from an endurance perspective.
Marilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject: Good Reply with quote

The first complete concerto that springs to mind is Hummel's Concerto. I've heard eighth graders perform it well. amanda the adventurer
starkadder
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hansen Sonata may be a good option.

https://vmirror.imslp.org/files/imglnks/usimg/c/c8/IMSLP21269-PMLP49086-Hansen_Cornet_Sonata_Op18.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: