• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TrumpetHolder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzlab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject: TrumpetHolder Reply with quote

Here is a TrumpetHolder, a new gadget for trumpet players. It is available since September 2023 in good music stores.
Holding a trumpet in your hands can cause a lot of tension in your body, which affects your sound, articulation, and musical expression. Most young players do not have enough strength in their arms for extended practicing, but this is where the TrumpetHolder can help. Pressure is transferred to the shoulder, the hands and body remain relaxed, and all the energy can be directed to the fingers, musical approach, breathing, and body position.
TrumpetHolder fits with most types of piston trumpets and cornets.
• eliminates the weight of the instrument completely
• helps maintain the correct playing position and angle
• can be used while sitting, standing, or marching
• can be quickly put on with one hand
• compact and foldable
You will find more information here: https://jazzlab.com/en/trumpetholder/
Here is video by Donna Schwartz too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G7ETZITrXk
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

For me the picture with the child looks like the apparatus needs adjusting as the child appears to have an unnatural posture. Having to hold back the shoulders like that would increase the tension in the upper torso.

Seeing that picture made me flash back to my trumpet instructor reaching over and shaking my shoulder and telling me to relax my shoulders.

I’m also wondering about the stomach pad inadvertently teaching the user to not breathe from the diaphragm.

But it is a clever idea and might be a big help to some who need it. I’ve read numerous posts about finding previous solutions that are no longer being sold. As well as people looking for the lightest horns as they cannot hold a normal trumpet very long due to health issues.

Good luck.
Quadstriker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can definitely see it being a benefit to someone for health issues (injury, elderly, etc).

In the real world, there is no way a younger person will be using that device in any environment in which they are seen by another younger person.
Croquethed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the time ever comes that I need it, I hope Medicare pays for it as durable medical equipment (good for both physical and mental health).
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked all over the web site. Could not find anything on the retail price.

Howzabout it, Jazzlab - What's the price?

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146827&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
stuartissimo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would this work if the player has an off-center embouchure?
1939 Buescher 280 flugelhorn
AR Resonance mouthpieces
thehedge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like a remake of the Shulman System for Trumpet. I actually have one of them and really wanted it to work.

The base of it is designed (and looks like this new trumpet holder is similar) to rest on your sternum with the weight held by a strap around your neck. I did not find that the Shulman System impeded breathing at all and for the most part, the system was very comfortable and "encouraged" less stress holding the trumpet. Idea is after using it for some time, muscle memory kicks in and you hold the trumpet in a similar manner without the holder in place.

As I said, I want it to work for me but i have a pronounced xiphoid process which meant the base of the Shulman System would not sit nicely on the sternum and instead wobbled from side to side.
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a slight tremor in my left hand. So far it's not a problem, but I'm wondering if something like this device would help keep the horn steady, with less dependence on the left hand holding it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: