• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Harmon Literature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptLad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject: Harmon Literature Reply with quote

I just bought a harmon the other day and am looking for some classic harmon literature to build technique on the mute and that nice buzzy sound!
Anyone know where I can look to find some harmon literature?
Thanks!
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can learn by listening to, transcribing, and playing along with masters like Miles Davis (Blue in Green, Some Day My Prince Will Come, On Green Dolphin Street, If I Were a Bell....). You can also buy transcriptions from qpress.ca or other sources.

Erik Veldkamp has a nice book available from qpress appropriately titled "The Harmon Mute." It has useful information regarding how to play well with a Harmon mute, and then a number of etudes that help you understand how to use the mute and apply different techniques in a variety of styles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: