• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Becoming that trumpeter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaft
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject: Becoming that trumpeter Reply with quote

Many musicians aspire to be great musicians. Artists if you will. There are many posts regarding how to be successful as a trumpeter. Reading threads about the desire to be successful, great, or earn a living something came to mind the other day.

Along the road to success is learning literature of the genre. Learning the style in addition to learning the instrument. It got me thinking. The icons that we study or hear on the radio also do other things too. They compose their own pieces. They have memorable songs.

There’s a lot of music to be made covers, creating tunes with contrafacts, medleys, arrangements… you get the idea.

The icons that stick out for me, not only mastered the instrument or became good enough for their niche, but they had a personality, a stage presence, and in some cases created that hit song that gained popular appeal.

All of us aspire to be good, and make good music, but I could not help but think that the icons that are memorable to me are truly artists, who also had songs that when heard, or played evoke an instant attribution to the icon who created that piece of art That we enjoy listening to.

I just feel that it’s worth mentioning that if one truly wants to be a musical artist or succeeded in a certain way to be memorable, then there is that next level of truly iconic, and what some of us would consider that memorable complete package of personality, stage presence, and musical creativity.

I suppose someone should just ask themself if they plan to become the “whole package” “stage worthy” & truly iconic enough to warrant the future that they imagine if their aim is to be that memorable musician.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: