• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

As we reach our 70's...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Ellis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject: As we reach our 70's... Reply with quote

Things can get more challenging as we age, response, accuracy etc. The quick warm up that always got us going may not be applicable anymore. In my mid 70's I've added a couple of fairly simple tools that bring the playing skills in line relatively quickly. Using a small breathing tube (piece of plastic pipe fitting) to practice a few breathing exercises helps relax and open up the system. A few long tones on the Lead Pipe (thank you Mr. Adam) with breath attacks and away I go. Five, six minutes things are going well. May not work for others, it does work for me.
david johnson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A by-pass and tooth loss to infection will change some things...lol. Fundamentals still reign supreme!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: