• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Custom flugel leadpipe maker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giakara
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:24 am    Post subject: Custom flugel leadpipe maker Reply with quote

Hello guys , i am looking for a maker that he is able to make a leadpipe for a Yamaha 631 flugel that he accepts Bach tapper mpc.
I now that is not normal but one of my mates in Athens big band has a vintage Laskey 68F flugel piece with Bach taper ghat he ready like it but he plays a Yamaha 631 flugelhorn , do you now any trick to fix that problem?

Regards
Getzen eterna 910 C
Getzen eterna 850 cornet
Selmer Paris 3 valve picc
Yamaha 731 flugel
Carol mini pocket
Reeves/Purviance mpcs
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They speak english: https://www.musikbeck.de/produkte/blechblasinstrumente/mundrohre/
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Frate, Klier
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask Charlie Melk.
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Arnold wrote:
I would ask Charlie Melk.

I asked Charlie quite a while ago if he would make a leadpipe for my 6310Z flugel to change its playing characteristics. He told me that it wouldn't be worth the effort because most people are satisfied with the stock pipe (he focuses on improved pipes for Couesnon and Olds flugels). I suppose you could ask him about custom-making a Yamaha leadpipe that would accept a Bach taper, but he's really busy.

A more realistic solution would be to have someone like James New digitally scan your friend's mouthpiece and make a CNC-machined copy with a Yamaha shank. The only downside to this is that your friend would have to send the mouthpiece across the ocean (Jim New lives in Utah) and be without it for several weeks. Perhaps there are mouthpiece makers in Europe who do digital scans and custom CNC copies of mouthpieces.

What is your friend currently using in his Yamaha flugel?

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: