• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Walt Johnson Triple - Trpt / Flug / Picc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject: Walt Johnson Triple - Trpt / Flug / Picc Reply with quote

Curious - does anyone have a Walt triple for trumpet, flugel & piccolo?

This would be trumpet & flugel in the bottom shell and picc in the top shell, where the accessories box would normally be located.

He used a bottom shell for the top on this design for more room.

I know there were a few made where the picc had to be a short-bell model, and that fit where the Harmon mute & small accessory hole were. A very tight fit. Bob Findley has one like that.

I have one as described above, and it's my go-to case when I have to use those three horns and any kind of traveling.

I had seen one at a NAJE conference in the early 2000s. The one I have I found on eBay in 2005. Got it for $250 & shipping.

I know Walt made some custom interiors to hold up to 4 trumpets of various keys.

Just curious if anyone else has one of these. I know the new Walt's will soon be available, no idea if they'll make a case like I have.

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=147567&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
davotrpt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tim!
Speaking of odd Walt Johnson case configurations, I still have the Johnson case for five trumpets that we traveled with at Calicchio. Being a guy that doesn't travel with more than three horns, the case is nestled in the same cozy corner that it landed in when Duda (RIP) closed down the Tulsa "plant." If someone was looking for something like that, I will fully listen to offers...

Stay groovy,

Dave[/img]
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davotrpt wrote:
...Johnson case for five trumpets that we traveled with at Calicchio.

Five full-size trumpets? Got any pics?

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=147567&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
davotrpt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take some pics when I get back to the house. I hope your life is going swimmingly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: