• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Is GR going away?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbueno

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject: Is GR going away? Reply with quote

I've heard multiple things about GR mouthpieces and where they are at as a business. I've heard they are done and gone, but also that they are alive and well. Does anyone know what the current status is? I love their pieces, I have 4/6 Bergeron series that work well for me. I won't be getting rid of those anytime soon!

Olds Recording, 1966
Olds Mendez, 1976
Bach 37
Cannonball Flugel
Yamaha 9830 Picc
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to https://www.grmouthpieces.com/:

GR website wrote:
"""
****Mouthpiece Availability***

Our GR Mouthpieces are in such high demand that inventory is always very low. There is a chance that we have what you need and can ship right away, however, it is safe to assume that all mouthpieces are made to order and will be at the very least, six weeks till we can ship. Of course we will notify you of the status when you place your order. Thank you for understanding.

HEARING RUMORS?
GR is currently entertaining offers to purchase our company. Gary has been at this particular chapter in his life for over 25 years and it is time to slow down just a bit. Till then, we still have inventory available and can maybe even make a few more if what you want is not in stock. That's all we can say for now. If you need a backup...order it asap if you want an Original GR made by the man himself.

However, we do have more raw brass in stock and we have just released the G.O.A.T series which is based off of an old Maynard design. If you need any backup mouthpieces or have always wanted a GR, the time is now!

We do have Couesnon Flugelhorn Leadpipes available, piccolo trumpet and cornet pieces, a few Louis Dowdeswell models, and some trumpet pieces ready to ship right away!! Get them while you can. (I even had GR make me a few of my main piece and have them locked away in a safe). Contact us with any questions you may have.

Brian Scriver
"""
Chadwick
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GR has reportedly been up for sale for ~1.5 years per this thread. One of the contributors to the trumpet.cloud mouthpiece comparator project is an avid GR fan, and someone at the GR company told him that they no longer take on custom work as of about a year or so ago. Any mouthpieces from their standard selection are now "made to order" and take "at least six weeks."

I only have limited experience with GR mouthpieces, but I would love to see their standard mouthpiece line someday manufactured and distributed at scale similar to how Bach, Marcinkiewicz, and Schilke operate. In today's online-dominant market with a wide variety of options, players should expect a reasonable trial period of "standard" designs at competitive prices — and should be able to purchase through established retailers around the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: