• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

The Regent Made by OhioBand Instrument Co., Clevland Ohio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
55Yr Comback

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:43 am    Post subject: The Regent Made by OhioBand Instrument Co., Clevland Ohio Reply with quote

Hello. The title is what is stenciled on the bell of this cornet. I believe it is a "long cornet" as it looks very similar to a trumpet. (No shepherds hook). The s/n is 22835. I believe it puts it around 1938 to 1940? It's the silver version with gold inside bell & is built like a tank. Very sturdy construction. The one I have only required a cleaning, new felts & springs & polishing the silver. Otherwise, it had no dents & looks brand new! I picked it up for $100 with the old original case & the original Regent 1 mouthpiece. . Can anyone tell me about it? Thanks!
jrpbrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject: Ohio Band Instrument Company Reply with quote

The Ohio Band Instrument Co was started in 1936 by Foster Reynolds as a student line made in the same Reynolds factory in Cleveland. I have never played a Regent model, but they were probably well made.
55Yr Comback

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello jrpbrass & thanks for the reply. Yes, it is very well made & the valve tolerance is really tight. . It's literally built like a tank. Has a real nice tone to it. I even refurbished the original case it came it.
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Regent a number of years back and enjoyed playing it. It had a nice sound and played in tune. I seem to recall the valves being “short stroke” and smooth in action.

I think it is fun to have a horn few others have, especially when the instrument is so easy to play.
55Yr Comback

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Winghorn!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: