• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Orchestral Melodies and Arban Resource

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andybharms
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm    Post subject: Orchestral Melodies and Arban Resource Reply with quote

Hi Trumpetherald!

A couple of fun things.

I’ve just finished a nifty publication I wanted to let you know about. It’s called Orchestral Melodies Vol. 1. Have you ever been sitting in orchestra and another instrument plays something great and you have the overwhelming desire to play that part on trumpet? I do. All the time. So I transcribed some of my favorite moments into trumpet. It actually took me almost 2 years of on-and-off work, because it turns out to be pretty tricky. I playtested them, playtested them for many fantastically amazing full time orchestral musicians, and had my equally wonderful amazing colleagues playtest them. Finally! There are so many cool licks. This one is notated in C, but there’s a Bb edition coming. You can preorder that with the same link (just shoot me an email and let me know you want the Bb version… shooting for next week). Just dont’ play them in rehearsal. You can get that here:

https://square.link/u/oX3NelhZ

After you follow the link, PLEASE send me an email or PM here so I can electronically deliver it. If you are hard on cash, send me an email, we can make a deal. If you are a teacher, send me an email so I can thank you for all you do with a meager gesture.

One other thing…

I’m also really happy that the 4-Week Arban Plan was so successful. Thank you so much to everyone who has jumped in on that so far. I’ve been lurking on that one thread about that one guy and I have realized that maybe there are some players out there that are looking for good advice, looking for next steps, who don’t want to commit to lessons or maybe don’t have access to quality instruction, and are looking for some asynchronous resources while they work on their avocation.

To that end, I have set up a channel where I am playing through those exercises from the 4-Week Arban Plan, probably things from Orchestral Melodies, plus whatever else I feel like. Right now it is completely free (or rather, donation-based), because I am in the process of building it up. My first goal is to be helpful and to build a following for me and my college studio, and to propagate great ideas. So check that out when you have a second.

https://www.patreon.com/AndrewHarmsTrumpet

Cheers!
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: