• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TCE Mouthpiece Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmh737
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 am    Post subject: TCE Mouthpiece Question Reply with quote

I recently picked up a Callet VF DT 10 top that I use with my Ken Titmus RT6 backbore.
How similar is the DT10 to the current TCE/SC mouthpieces? Similar? Night and day difference?
flat.io
peanuts56
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: TCE Mouthpiece Question Reply with quote

dmh737 wrote:
I recently picked up a Callet VF DT 10 top that I use with my Ken Titmus RT6 backbore.
How similar is the DT10 to the current TCE/SC mouthpieces? Similar? Night and day difference?

Rich Cohlquin has a Callet page on Facebook. He may know. He may post here but I'm not sure.
Only other person I can think of is Ralph Salamone. I'd avoid him. I emailed him once with a question about tongue position. Never bothered to get back to me. Seems like he's only interested in selling his mouthpiece and books.
trumpetlogic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the DT-10 and the current Superchops mpc lineup are both very good. The DT-10 has a narrow rim but pretty heavy whereas the superchops have a wide rim and double cup. I feel the wide rim provides better support for the forward placement for the tongue.

For me, soundwise, the DT-10 provides a fuller sound. I use that as my sub-lead piece when I want to play a melodic solo or a ballad and a Superchops 1SB as my lead piece. I recently picked up a Neoteric Brass Legacy mpc from Rich Colquhuon that I am trying with an orchestra.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: