• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Information on Paul JeanJean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazarus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, sorry its been so long since I've posted. I just had a quick question pertaining to some music history that I thought maybe a few of you would know something about.

I just finished playing 'Capriccioso' by Paul JeanJean at a our college solo and ensemble. Its a pretty little, melodic piece for trumpet and piano (starts out with a nice moderato and transitions between Allegretto and Moderato feels). Though I am not a music major, a had one of the music department heads come up and ask me if I would perform at Juries on monday for the rest of the teachers. He's been determined to change me into a music major, but I'm just not up for that as of yet . Anyhoo- back on topic...

Does anyone have some biographical info (or info in general) on the composer Paul JeanJean? Though I'm not be graded at the jury nor required to provide historical on the composer, if I was doing this for real, I WOULD be required to present such information. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Internet searches have proved useless so far... Thanks!

Bb Trumpet - Kanstul 1500A
Cornet- 1939 King Master
_________
ZeroMan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Jeanjean isn't even listed in the New Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians. However, I do know that he was considered a major pedagogue and composer of music for the clarinet. You might be able to get some details on his life from a clarinettist who is familiar with the traditional repertoire. I also think Jeanjean was alive during the late 19th century to the early 20th century.

I'm sorry I could not provide more details. Jeanjean also wrote Douce Quietude for trumpet (or cornet) & piano. Perhaps typing the titles of his works on an Internet search engine can yield more useful results.

Thos.

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroMan on 2004-05-07 14:27 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: