• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Best time for eBay Bidding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
conn53victor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some helpful eBay price surveys on Olds Central:
http://www.rouses.net/trumpet/olds.htm

But because they are only really tracking prices for various Olds horns, they don't answer a related series of questions:

What time of the day is best/worse for buying/selling an eBay trumpet?
...Time of the week?
...Time of the year?

Barring a heroic data task, answers to these are anecdotal. Buyers and sellers of course have opposite interest in the timing.

This also relates to another recent thread:
"Kind of a ebay rant and question"
http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=19826&forum=7&8
oldblow
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We mainly sell books on ebay under the moniker of "bobooks." But perhaps the same generalizations might apply to horns.

We have found that Monday or Tuesday night, after 9:00pm EST is best for ending auctions. We figure that most of our customers work at daytime jobs, have the weekends off, and might not have access to ebay at work. Institutional sales don't seem to be hindered, because those customers know what they need for their collections, and bid high and early to suit their needs. Friday or Saturday nights seem to be the worst nights for ending auctions, with Sunday night being a close third.

I might be wrong, but I think that the situation might be similar for musical instruments. I get the feeling that most of the people posting to this site are very interested and accomplished players, but I'm not sure how many would be hindered from bidding in the early evening hours during the week because of traveling to a gig.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: