• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

He's BaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaack!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trompit

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to verify this check the Bach sites and the serial # listing for this. You may want to be a bit more careful lately sir. I am only of help to you. Kind regards.

[ This Message was edited by: trompit on 2004-05-09 15:26 ]
conn53victor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be missing something. All the Bch serial number lists that I can find on the internet including the Selmer-bach site itself:
http://www.selmer.com/brass/stradtrp/historical.html
indicate that the 20XXX horn was a Mt.Vernon Bach. Where is the issue?
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is trying to defend anyone in particular just providing some much needed balance here. All sellers have the right at their discretion to pull their auctions if there is an error or if they did not put the correct minumum bid or later decide they would like to place a reserve on it. Common practice common sense but I guess not common intelligence. You where straining to understand or refusing to acknowledge what you know is true and what you have done repeatedly as well. Just wanted to clarify it.

[ This Message was edited by: Moderators on 2004-05-09 18:27 ]
trompit

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a 20xxx that would make the sense but he says is 30xxx which is false and cannot be. Cannot be. Impossible to be authentic. Bad news I know but true.

[ This Message was edited by: trompit on 2004-05-09 15:56 ]
trompit

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Bach site confirmed:

30,000 1965

Moved to factory in Mount Vernon, NY.

Vincent Bach Corp. Purchased by Selmer.

1965 Production began in Elkhart
veldkamp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no shopcards from Elkhart Bachs. I know the difference between a 1965 Elkhart and a 1964 Mt.Vernon because I have had both. They play totally different.

On the other hand, this Bach #30017 is the best trumpet I ever played so I couldn't care less how it's called.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to veldkamp ... I do believe that your horn MAY be a Mt. Vernon. I'm pretty sure it is all original.

The biggest possibility is that it was manufactured within the first week in the Elkhart factory with left over bells and parts from the New York factory. It was probably assembled by Vincent himself as he showed the Selmer workers how to properly construct a horn. I would hold on to that one!

I don't think those dates from the Selmer website are etched in stone as much as they are estimates of the serial numbers and respective dates of the time. For example I don't think the serial # 30,000 should be taken as January 1st, 1965 ... from the look of the shop card above, it may have been more like the later part of 1964.

I used to own an Early Elkhart with serial 30264 I believe and it was indeed stamped Elkhart, Indiana.

Bb Bachs
- 37 S180ML-24K 284xxx
- 37H LW body ML 81xxx
C - Bach 229/25R
Eb/D - Yamaha 9610
Picc - Yamaha 9830 w/Laskey PIC
Flugel - Jupiter 846RL w/68F
Cornet - Bach 181 w/68DB
Laskeys 68MD,68C

[ This Message was edited by: jophst on 2004-05-09 16:22 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, I have owned a wealth of Bach's and have seen only one earlier than veldkamp's but still above the 30,000 serial, and it was also clearly stamped Mt. Vernon as well. The serial was 30,011.

Bb Bachs
- 37 S180ML-24K 284xxx
- 37H LW body ML 81xxx
C - Bach 229/25R
Eb/D - Yamaha 9610
Picc - Yamaha 9830 w/Laskey PIC
Flugel - Jupiter 846RL w/68F
Cornet - Bach 181 w/68DB
Laskeys 68MD,68C

[ This Message was edited by: jophst on 2004-05-09 16:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Moderators on 2004-05-09 18:14 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_Old_mod_account
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People,

The Usage Agreement requires that we treat each other with civility and respect. Many posts in this thread were not in compliance with the Usage Agreement and have been deleted, along with posts that were essentially "defensive" in nature. Please note in particular that the Trumpet Herald does not allow discrimination of the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability

The Usage Agreement also requires that each user have a single username. Users who do not conform to this requirement will be asked by PM to select and post under a single username.

The Trumpet Herald takes no position on the integrity of specific EBay sellers or buyers.

There may be further edits in this thread if my fellow moderators find them to be appropriate.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: