• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Store it or play it?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_gmdean
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if Tom's idea works don't forget to split the profit with your friend, good friends are always "keepers"
M
livertwist
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is shameless plug but I figured I'd at least offer another option. You *could* (or anyone else who reads this, for that matter) just buy my pristine 1933 Olds Super that currently has 2 and a bit hours left on eBay and play that one instead! It comes with the original case, case cover, warrantee and lyre but isn't quite in "time capsule" condition.. though it is nearly. It's at only $625 and time is running out..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3719156467&category=41396&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

No matter what you decide, enjoy that horn!

Oliver
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug or not Livertwist, that is a beautiful horn--I love the bell rim! Sure wish I could afford it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djm6701
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the LA Recording tonight. It's just beautiful. I'll post pix when I organize a place to upload them. There are a couple of scratches on the 2nd valve slide and a dot about 1/8th inch on the bell rim and that's about it. The lacquer is otherwise 100%. The lacquer hasn't darkened to that greenish tinge - it appears to have retained its original colour. It plays a little more openly than my '56 (which needs a bit of valve work). The valves are the lightest valves I have ever used - you just have to look at them and they gracefully descend into the casing and then snap to the top again. Unbelievable.

I am a little afraid to touch the horn, it's in such good shape.

There was also the warranty card, a stick of Vaseline Lip-Ice Pomade (from '52?) in a metal tube, and a glass bottle of Holton Electric Company No. 2 Valve Oil For Instrument Valves. Label price: 25 cents for the bottle, 30 cents for bottle and eye-dropper (mine has the eye dropper). Interestingly enough, the Holton oil doesn't stink anywhere as bad as the more recent stuff.

GR 65.6 Mouthpieces
a jazz.fm member
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: