• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Update from Jamey Aebersold Improv Camp: Week One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazztrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,
I'm here in Louisville, KY surrounded by jazz pretty much all day. I'm loving it. Jim Ketch, Pat Harbison, Jim Rotundi, Scott Wendholt, and other awesome trumpet players are here teaching. It's too late now, but those of you who want to learn more about improvisation, theory, and playing in small jazz combos should really consider coming to this camp next year!
musicemt
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a PM or something.....I'm working at Louisville Hall for the camps, and I'd love to meet another THer face-to-face!

BEN

Zeus Guarnerius
Bach C 239 w/ Blackburn pipe/slide
Weril Regium flugelhorn
Yamaha 14B4-GP
Yamaha Shew-lead
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

There's another thread in the lounge where jhatpro is giving daily updates on his JA camp experiences.

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=21461&forum=15&10

We've 62 trumpet students, 8 trumpet faculty, and about 50 student combos going on here. It's the greatest!
jazztrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...I didn't even see that discussion. Thanks for posting that!
rj-tpt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended the second week in Louisville this year. Had a very very good time.

Unlike last year, I brought along cassette recorder with lot's of cassettes this year.

However, my recorder did not do very well in the David Baker class when he didn't use microphone. (most of the second class)
Also, I wish I had taped the Harry Pickens' class/inspirational session. I just forgot. But in retrospect, I thought that was a very good session, although at the time, I admit to being skeptical (and exhausted, it was about 10:45pm).

Can anyone help me out with recordings of either Baker day two, and/or the Pickens talk?

I would gladly pay cost to reproduce recording and ship. It doesn't have to be cassette either.

For those of you thinking about attending in the future, this is one participant ('03 and '04) who really enjoyed it. I'll be going back again. Great faculty, outstanding concerts, enormous infusion of jazz energy, very affordable, low hassle (everything is within 5 minutes walking distance for slow walkers), some good masterclasses, and a very encouraging low-ego atmosphere, which I believe is very effectively established from the top (Jamey) on down.

For me, one of this year's highlights was the Thursday concert, which featured Scott Wedholt and Jim Rotondi on the same set. Very hip.

Drawbacks? The food is very heavy on starch, carbs and butter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert

PS - I am also trying to contact Steve Thomas. My e-mail address for him doesn't seem correct. Maybe someone could privately get me a way to contact him. Even the e-mail that Jamey e-mailed me didn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: