• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stage Fright and Mental Aspects of Playing Talk in Chicago a

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetfox1234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are interested in Bud Herseth, Arnold Jacobs, and William Scarlett proponents of the Chicago School, Michael Goode, longtime student of Bud. Arnold, William Scarlett and the author of Stage Fright in Music Performance and Its Relationship to the Unconscious, will be doing a free talk at the Evanston, IL Barnes and Noble Bookstores at 7:30 pm Monday, August 2. The store is located at 1701 Sherman Street in Evanston, IL in the Chicago area. Their telephone number is 847-328-0883.

He will be talking about stage fright and how Bud Herseth, Arnold Jacobs, and Will Scarlett think when they play. This will be a talk similar to the ones he has done since September 30 at the Univ of Wisconsin, the University of Chicago, University of North Texas,
to local 47 Musicians Union in LA, the University of Southern California, the BBC, Barnes and Noble Bookstores in New York City, New Jersey, the International Trumpet Guild conference exhibitor area in Denver Colorado, in Aspen at the Performing Arts Medicine Association Conference, at the Aspen Music Festival and School, and to countless other places and people across the country since September of 2003.
He has done this book with the blessing of Bud Herseth, William Scarlett, and Dallas Jacobs, son of the late Arnold Jacobs.

He also has written an article in the June 2004 issue of the Instrumentalist, and for those of you in the Chicago area, was featured on page 31 in section one of the July 29, 2004 issue of the Chicago Reader.

For those of you who will post that this is spam, I invite you to come to the talk and learn how to deal with your anger in a more constructive way.

For more information see http://www.trumpetworkspress.com

dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2004-08-03 01:01, trumpetfox1234 wrote:
Dear dbacon,

I am glad that you are engaged enough to look up the major for my Master of Liberal Arts degree.

Interdisciplinary majors are all unique and are never listed in any of the University of Chicago academic documents or websites except within the thesis text itself.

So, you'll have to buy the book which contains this printed information or ask my advisor.

All the best,

Michael Goode
http://www.trumpetworkspress.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.uchicago.edu/

Go to the University of Chicago Web Site and on it's search engine plug in=psychoneuromusicology

See if you get what I got.

Interesting.

Try Google as well.

Who is your advisor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: