• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Switching To Trumpet...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whoppers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, this is my first post of hopefully many. I have been in band for 3 years and will be starting my 4th year of band in about 2 months. I actually used to play the clarinet but I relized it was really just not for me and also I loved the sound and look of the trumpet so I figured I would switch over the summer. I was just wondering if anyone else has switched instruments, especially from
woodwinds to brass, and I was wondering how diffucult it was to switch. Thanks for all the help.
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-06-16 20:36, Whoppers wrote:
Hello everyone, this is my first post of hopefully many. I have been in band for 3 years and will be starting my 4th year of band in about 2 months. I actually used to play the clarinet but I relized it was really just not for me and also I loved the sound and look of the trumpet so I figured I would switch over the summer. I was just wondering if anyone else has switched instruments, especially from
woodwinds to brass, and I was wondering how diffucult it was to switch. Thanks for all the help.

Hi Whoppers,
Welcome to the land of the king's instrument. I think your interest in switching to trumpet due to its sound qualities being a turn-on for you is probably one of the best reasons I can think of. That's the reason that I adopted the trumpet a long time ago...its sound. It still knocks me out. Congratulations on having good ears and I sincerely hope you enjoy the trip.
Larry Smithee
edbrass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can already read music, so the switch really only affects embouchure and fingerings. Learning to blow will be a little bit harder than clarinet because of the tonguing and buzzing of the lips. You'll be fine with plenty of good effort...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: