• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Have you ever noticed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred Mildorf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Have you ever noticed? Reply with quote

The best playing mouthpiece is the one that you can buzz yankee doodle on with a good strong tone for each note. I you can't do it your mouthpiece rim size is too small. During my mouthpiece safari I kept going from smaller diameters to larger ones. My range improved with each increase in size. I stopped when I reached a mouthpiece that I could buzz "yankee doodle " on effectively. My range is now the best its ever been.

Fred Mildorf

Bach Stradivarious/ Giaradelli 3C
Blessing cornet xlcr/ sparx 2B
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Edited since the originator of the forum apparently took offense to it"

As far as buzzing goes, I like a mouthpiece that I can buzz from a low C continuously with no breaks to a G above the staff and back down again with no breaks to a PEDAL C all in one breath. Of course, this can be performed on virtually any mouthpiece, but this is a good starting point for me on which one feels right from the start.

I'm glad to see that your mouthpiece selection has worked out for you and that your range increased as a result. Keep in mind that all embouchure's are different and therefore require different needs from a mouthpiece. The method that you mentioned and the method I mentioned make not work for everyone.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: