• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stork Vacchiano and Curry BC-Chicago

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpetplyr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Stork Vacchiano and Curry BC-Chicago Reply with quote

Can anyone kinda describe the diff/sim of these two types of mouthpieces and how they compare to standard Bachs. There's no where around here to try them and I'm trying to get as much info as possible before i start ordering trials from mouthpieceexpress...that can get expensive (s/h and restock fee)

Thanks
Stuart
bachstrad72
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general the Curry rims will feel slightly larger than their Bach counterparts, same general rim thickness, and bite as a Bach C rim, just a little larger. The Stork rims will feel slightly larger due to the fact that the bite is much sharper and the rims are much thinner, which can be both good and bad, depending on your rim preference. Both however are excellent mouthpieces
riffdawg2000
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart -

Ask around the ATL area for folks .... you have me, KevinInGeorgia, TptBenge, AverageJoe, and a few others ... some of us might have mouthpieces you can try ...

I have some Storks ... 1.5C, 2B, 2C, 2E, 2C+/25C, etc..etc ...

Also, have you tried Kevin's Parke-Merkelo???

There are a lot of options ... you just have to look for them ...
tpetplyr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think about asking around the Atlanta folks...it sounds like fun:) I AM however on a college campus with limited mobility (where MARTA doesnt go, i dont go) so it might be kinda touchy. Please PM me if you think we could get together, i'd love to try some of your pieces before i start wandering around ordering things on trial. Thanks!

I did try Kevin Lyons's mouthpiece for a few minutes last week when he suggested i switch, and i liked it, though wasnt on it long enough (nor playing well enough) for it to amaze me. Also, as a college student, i cannot afford a $250 mouthpiece...

Stuart
mcamilleri
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouthpiece Express has a new site for selling used mouthpieces. If you list a piece to sell there, they will give you free shipping on your next order. I was at university for 10 years - I know how tight money can get.

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: