• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Roy Hargrove

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPITTY
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Roy Hargrove Reply with quote

Heard Roy at The Village Vanguard last Friday - and all I can say is UNBELIEVABLE. He really has his stuff together - I was very very inspired by him, once again, to the point of making me practice until 2:00 AM when I got home (of course with silent brass).

Every time I see Roy he really really messes me up - I mean some part of me feels like I'll never ever play that good, but the other part of me feels completely inspired and that makes me work harder to be the best player I can be.

His alto player Justin Robinson is also an excellent player with chops and ideas to burn. He is a student of Barry Harris.

If this band comes to your town don't miss them.

Cheers,
Spitty
Alpha-J
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever get to talk to him, get him to haul arse to Australia. Nobody ever tours down here, it sucks. For a jazz student like me its essential to see big live acts from world class jazz musicians. We have some good ones down here, but the last international gig I saw was Kurt Elling (who was the bomb). I agree with you though, he ROCKS! He also has the same horn (more or less) than me
-J
Piece: Bach 10 3/4 CW (soon to be Heim #1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: