• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

JAZZ IMPROV'S NEW ISSUE A TRUMPET-GEEK FEAST-N-FEST:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: JAZZ IMPROV'S NEW ISSUE A TRUMPET-GEEK FEAST-N-FEST:) Reply with quote

JAZZ IMPROV'S NEW ISSUE...WHAT A KEEEEEPEER!!!!!
www.jazzimprov.com
Vol. 5 Number 1
Autum 2004 issue
WHAT A TRUMPET-GEEK FEST-N-FEAST!!!!!

Inteviews with
JON FADDIS
RANDY BRECKER
MARVIN STAMM
DAVE DOUGLAS
CECIL BRIDGEWATER
ORBERT DAVIS
TIM HAGANS
MARK ISHAM
SEAN JONES
SASKIA LAROO
TONY LUJAN
BRIAN LYNCH
DMITRI MATHENY
MIKE METHENY
FLIP OAKES
JEREMY PELT
JB SCOTT
BOBBY SHEW
and last but faaaaaaaaar from least....my dear trumpet bud, and long time mentor and friend in brass.

The amazing RAY VEGA

and perhaps one of the world most gifted TRUMPET-GEEKS I have ever had the fortune to hang with.
When you attend any event where Ray is envolved, you can bet your Bottom Bach...that you'll come away with a new passion and love for jazz.
His presence is the final ingrediant that always seems to raise not only the level of the musicans performance but his repour with the audience is truly something to behold.
Bottom line: An evening with Ray Vega is something that any jazz fan or trumpet-geek, if given the chance, should never pass up. He is truly a musician's musican and a world class entertainer.

If you see that list of musicans above...you can plainly see why this latest issue that includes a great CD and beautiful transcribed solos...is truly worth the $12.95 price. This is a keeper of an issue worth seeking out!
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Badboy,
Good to hear from you as always. Yeah, this issue of Jazz Improv is something else for us trumpet addicts for sure. I re-subscribed again to this mag because of this issue. In fact some around here have been talking a lot about this issue.

www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25770

I've also been checking out some of the younger cats mentioned in the mag and their recordings that are relatively new to me too. Always good to hear what the new players are doing with the art form.

Larry
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Jazz Improv..... Reply with quote

Thanks for the link for the previous postings about Jazz Improv that I missed.
I bought the last copy at the Tacoma Borders and Books store. Nice woodsheddin' material on the transcripts and CD.
I E mailed Marvin Stamm about how great it was to see so many worthy players listed and interviewed. I met Marv when he was here in Seattle at a UofW clinic and workshop. It's about time so many of our hard working and gifted musicians are finally being honored in the press.

Ray Vega, Marvin Stamm and folks like you. my good Dr. Smithee.....have given sooooooo much to so many players and continue the call to bring jazz performance and musical excellence by example, performance, and self-less teaching.
Keep doin' whacha'doin' all so well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: