• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yet Another New Mouthpiece to consider

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Yet Another New Mouthpiece to consider Reply with quote

Now, before I elaborate upon the mouthpiece let me first state that THERE IS NO PERFECT MOUTPIECE FOR EVERYBODY. This is just a post about a new mouthpiece on the market that I think is quite a good one and is well worth trying, if you are currently on a mouthpiece safari.

I will also state that I do not use one of these for my regular playing (wrong size for me), but that I have been one of the people involved in testing it, so I have played it quite a bit.

Denis Wick has recently released the MMC2 mouthpiece, also known as the Maurice Murphy signature model.
This is based upon the mouthpiece that Maurice has used for the past few years in the LSO and has a certain something to it that even I (someone who normally plays on a mouthpiece that is a great deal larger) can appreciate.

I have had my test model for some months and have used it in a variety of situations. I am used to a much larger mouthpiece, yet I will happily say that this mouthpiece works - it works very well! If I were playing major symphonic pieces all day, every day, I would be very tempted to use this mouthpiece for the majority of my playing.

If you are looking for a new mouthpiece (and are looking for something of about a 3C-ish size) I would thoroughly recommend you try one of these.

It is available in both gold and silver plate and your local stockists should be able to obtain them with the usual ease that you can obtain Denis Wick products.

Just when you thought you had played every mouthpiece out there
Atomlinson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Firstly, I saw a post by Brendan Ball on the net somewhere (I printed it off and have it filed away) where he has said Maurice carries a bag of mouthpieces around with him and rather than change trumpets he will sometimes change to another mouthpiece in the same piece of music to get the particular sound he wants, or perhaps to help with range. So presumably, this MMC2 is the mouthpiece he perhaps uses most on his Bb.

Secondly, Myatts have it listed for £45 in silver plate, which makes it considerably more expensive than the Yamaha Signature Models (e.g. Rod Franks) in silver plate at about £36, though some of them don't seem to be readily available in the UK.

Anyway, thanks for giving us the info on it.

Andrew Tomlinson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: