• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

1970 Bach Strad case?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trptflyer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: 1970 Bach Strad case? Reply with quote

I have a 1970 Strad 37, #51464, that I've had since new, however it didn't come with a case. Does anyone know the right case for this horn? I know it is the dark brown case with leather side trim and blue velvet interior, but was wondering if anyone knew if that year had an emblem on the outside, and if so, was it rectangle or round? Thanks.

1970 Bach Strad 37
1961 Benge Burbank C
1978 Yamaha 731 Flugel
1934 Olds Super Cornet
1956 Connstellation "B"
etc., etc....
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emblem was round with "Bach" inscribed in it. Somewhere after 1966-67,(I think) the emblem changed from the rectangular Mt. Vernon type of emblem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the era, I'm pretty sure the round emblem was in the middle of the outside of the case as well. The interior should have been the blue velvet like material, and also should have the rectangular emblem on the inside of the case.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an auction I won a while back for a very nice Strad w/ serial 55xxx ... and the case was in excellent condition:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41400&item=3747712854

However, as you can see, the emblem was not inside the case, but I have owned a vintage case with it inside before .. I'm not sure when they stopped doing this. Hope this helps,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bandman322
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh,

I have an old Bach Case that came with my 31xxx Bach. It does not have the rectangular emblem anymore, but that is what it had when I was in 7th grade. If you just need a case to hold the horn you are more than welcome to borrow mine. It probably needs to be aired out because it hasn't been used for years.

When I was over at your place I noticed you have a Cronkite Bag. Tell me about it! What are the interior measurements and how do you like that bag for protection?
Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37

"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie
trumpet cat
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one that I believe is the style of which you speak. It's in near perfect condition. If you are interested I'd probably be willing to part with it. Let me know.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right Dave .... here is a current auction with a rectangular emblem on the outside but none on the inside for a Strad in the 33xxx range ... seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41400&item=3758589103&rd=1

As recollection goes, I did own a Strad 302xx before that came with a MINT case and it had the rectangular emblem on the outside AND inside, but it did say Elkhart, Ind. on both.

For the gentleman's inquiry though, he is looking for one with a circular emblem in the middle of the case and nothing on the inside with a blue interior.

Also, Dave, where did you see a Cronkite gig bag!?!?! I have one of those? Really? WHERE?? I have that Ritter Triple and a Reunion Blues Double .. along with a bunch of single cases.
bandman322
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right -- it was a Ritter! So how do you like that one?
Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37

"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie
Trptflyer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your posts. A few weeks ago I did one of those last minute, impulse ebay things (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) and got a Bach case before knowing for sure what the right case would be. I think I came close. The case is in real nice shape and has the blue interior. There is evidence (very small amount of glue residue) that there was at one time a round badge on the outside but it is missing. Are these round badges available, and if so, where? It also has a nice zipper cover which has the round logo. Thanks again.

1970 Bach Strad 37
1961 Benge Burbank C
1978 Yamaha 731 Flugel
1934 Olds Super Cornet
1956 Connstellation "B"
etc., etc....
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Contact Selmer-Bach. They should be able to help you.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: