• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Vaughn Nark / Jon Fedchock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redhothorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Folks ...

I (for one) really appreciate CD recommendations so I know what is out there to purchase. I want to HIGHLY recommend two CD's:
(1) Vaughn Nark "Flying High" ... this guy is absolutely incredible! He (like Vizutti) is one of the few guys out there that has ultra-range, technique and improv ability. Fantastic CD. His site is vaughnnark.com

(2) Jon Fedchock "Hit The Bricks" a very swinging jazz combo album featuring some incredible trombone playing from Mr. Fedchock. you'll want to get both of his New York Big Band albums if you don't have them ... they are also fantastic.

rusty
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty,
Those are nice recordings for sure. While we're on the subject of CDs yall might want to check out the new Carl Saunders recording featuring his BeBop Big Band with lots of heavy hitters on the disk.
http://www.carlsaunders.com/home.htm
Larry Smithee
dwm1129
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Van Nark at a jazz fest about 6 or 7 years ago....had front row seats anyways he came out and smelled like weed, his eyes were bloodshot and his suit was all wrinkled he opened up with the tonight show version of in the mood took the opening lick up and tryed to play the rest of the song....all of his upper register notes were whispers.....the rest of the comcert he took at least 4 scat solos that were awful and cheesy because he incorperated lyrics he was making up into them and he played his valve tbone. It was the sadest, funniest, worst concert I have ever seen. Is he still playing? I hope he is because he was a great player and I hope he got his stuff together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: