• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Steel Harmon...........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Hollywood
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Steel Harmon........... Reply with quote

I was just reading the "Miles Harmon" thread.

I have a very unique Harmon, its made of very thin steel. I found it in the back of an old horn repair shop maybe 15 years ago. I've never seem another one like it.

It was originally painted white, and I think they where made during WWII because they needed the aluminum and copper for the war drive (you know planes,ammo, and stuff). I saw a moive with Harry James from the mid 1940's and it looked like he had the same mute.

It records really well, I've used it on a ton of record dates. It also has a nice low F# on it.

Maybe somebody else can tell me what the actual brand of it is. Besides being made of steel, it very, very thin. You could easily dent it by pressing hard on it with your thumb.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: