• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cornet and Trumpet Combo Case!?!??!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Cornet and Trumpet Combo Case!?!??! Reply with quote

Hi all!

I was wondering if there was such thing that comes stock? I have been looking at all the different manufacturers and have only seen trumpet/flugelhorn combos. Or multiple trumpet cases. Can a cornet get the protection that is needed from a case that is meant for 2 trumpets? The only thing I have seen is the Protect Vax case, which is designed for trumpet and auxilary. Some help please!
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wiseman cases can be fitted out for trumpet and cornet without any problems - you just request those particular fittings when you order the case.
These are not available in every store and there is usually a wait involved, but they are amazing cases.
www.wisemancases.com
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the ProTec Vax case works for me. The way those adjustable (moveable) foam blocks are the cornet is actually suspended by the bell when the case is in the upright position.

If you have a standard length trumpet (my Eclipse is about 1/2" longer than my Schilke) then there is lots of room... the Eclipse is a bit of a tight fit. If it will hold a flugel as the 2nd horn then obviously a cornet of almost any shape will fit also.. this is an old Eterna 800. I went with this case because of the extra tall valves on the Eternas. They wouldn't fit in a "regular" double trumpet case.

I think for the price it is hard to beat... but if I "lived on airplanes between gigs" then the price of a custom case (Wiseman, maybe Walt Johnson, perhaps Marcus Bonna) would be money well spent too... especially since I could "write it off" against income.
Lo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Thanks for the tips. I was wondering would an averaged size cornet (Ambassador, Yamaha, Getzen?) fit in a slot designed for a trumpet? And would this be damaging to the cornet? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: