• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bobby Shew 8310Z Horns Certificate of Assurance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shewhorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Bobby Shew 8310Z Horns Certificate of Assurance Reply with quote

Anybody ever seen or possibly own a new 8310Z horn where Bobby Shew has personally play tested it and then "certified" it (providing it plays well enough to him) by signing and dating what is called a Certificate of Assurance?
RNelson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is that?

The idea that there are problems with the new 8310Z was brought up on another thread. Guys are sending their horns to Bobby to have them "tweaked" because there is either a design flaw or a production flaw. I got flamed for bringing that up before, even though two other pros advised me ahead of time that the 8310Z I was getting may be stuffy and that all I needed to do was, "Send it to Bobby".

The horn I got was stuffy, the blow was all wrong, so I sent it back and bought a Destino.

"Horns Certificate of Assurance"!?! Are you kidding me. The only guy who I trust to tell me if a horn is a dog or not...IS ME! Who is going to play the horn anyway? Unless you are built like Bobby and blow like Bobby, it does not matter if he digs it or not. I have nothing but respect for the man...but come on. When has a horn company EVER had to have, "Certificates of Assurance" to sell horns. Great horns sell themselves.

I am a Yamaha fan, still play their horns, but I gotta be honest...something reeks about this whole deal.

Ray
www.raynelson.net
Mikeytrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray, just wait for the "Bergeron model" to come out......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: