• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

hakan hardenburger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkramb19
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if hakan hardenburger has a web site that listes his albums and repertoir and a bio and stuff?

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Vince Lombardi
Al Cass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think he has a web site... Try cd now or amazon. Some of his recordings are out of print as well. BTW his name is spelled Haken Hardenberger. You could order a dictionary on Amazon to help with the rest of your spelling (repertoir??)

[ This Message was edited by: Al Cass on 2002-06-30 15:53 ]
jkramb19
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

al cass his name is not haken and oh my god i forgot to put an e on the end of repertoire jesus im just a bad person, i dont deserve to live, maybe i should get a dictionary. im sorry im not as perfect as you maybe someday when i grow up all be as good a trumpet player as you, i bet you play like maurice andre.

[ This Message was edited by: jkramb19 on 2002-06-30 15:10 ]
big brian
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by big brian on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atomlinson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Big Brian

I hope you are going to give us a good summary of this masterclass when you get back. You are very fortunate.

Andrew Tomlinson
kip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Correct spelling IS:
Hakan Hardenberger. I am very good friends with a Swedish trumpet student of his.
Although the first "a" in Hakan needs two dots over it for the correct spelling/pron., this is it!
TJH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is spelled Håkan Hardenberger. I believe the first vowel is an å and not an ä.

[ This Message was edited by: TJH on 2002-07-03 00:00 ]
kip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJH,
You are correct..... I just could not find the right symbols on my keyboard for the single o above the "a". Thanks. It is just the single "o" not two, isn't it......
greedo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, lots of arguing over spelling and nothing about the man. Hakan(with the little circle over the first "a", but I can`t do it on my keyboard), and is pronounced "hoekan." when I was in england studying, I had a chance to go to some masterclasses, and hear him live a few times. unbelieveable. My teacher in high school gave me "At the Beach" and the "Mysteries of the Macabre" CD's, since then I have bought anything and everything he does. Amazing, and I think he is currently the best on piccolo today. And sounds even more amazing live. Am going to Germany in a couple days. Will try to find if there is anything new out. A friend and student of his from Denmark, told me Hakan had recorded a piece for piccolo and orchestra by Arvo Part (argue about how to spell and pronounce that), that was based on a Bach chorale. But as of yet, the recording has not been released. The latest thing was a CD of three contemporary Swedish trumpet concertos. Out.
Michael
big brian
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

The Part Piece is FANTASTIC. Its not very long though, and it involves switching between Piccolo trumpet and C trumpet. The work wasnt originally for trumpet, but Part revisits many of his works and revamped this one for trumpet. It is a fantastic piece, and very listener friendly while still being contemporary music.

Brian
redface
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Hakan do the H K Gruber concerto last year - wow! It is for C trumpet, piccolo and COW HORN!!!!! it also involves playing C trumpet and singing multiphonics. A fantastic piece I hope he records it soon.
The recent `swedish trumpet concertos' CD is fantastic - 3 great concertos. He has just released a trumpet and organ CD on the BIS label I think. Most of his classical stuff is on Philips I think, the more contemporary stuff is on BIS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
big brian
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redface, how did you like it when he played the last E into the piano and put the trumpet down on the strings and walked off stage? I thought that was a great idea!

Brian
redface
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it was a really cool touch - except i was really near the front and there was some crazy guy near me who, in the audiences amazed silence, said " I'm f****ng glad that's finished!!!" - what a muppet!!.
Were you at the the concert - I saw the second performance - the BBCSO also did Haydn 99 and Shostakovitch 15, or did you hear it on the radio or at the premiere? I was just amazed at Hakan's control especially when he took all the tuning slides off his C trumpet and was playing all those pitch bends. And his stage presence is awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: