• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need Conn V1 valve stems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Need Conn V1 valve stems Reply with quote

Hi folks
I noticed that the valve stem on the 3rd valve of my Conn V1 is losing it's silver plate (it just seems to be flaking off). Does anyone know where I can get a set of stems? - in silver preferably.
many thanks in advance
Brian Jones
bj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Need Conn V1 valve stems Reply with quote

Richiebee wrote:

If its still under warranty, I'd call on it... if not maybe Conn will sell you one.

Personally, I wouldn't get a new one (unless I could get it free under warranty). Just make sure any loose bits are removed so there's no chance of them creaping into the valve housing, and play on...

R.

Hi Richie
I want to replace it because they are such low cost items, so why not? Some large flakes of silver have come off and it looks a bit sad.
As to the warranty I don't trust any instrument company and the thought of sending the article from Scotland to be inspected to see what caused the problem isn't worth the hassle, or the small cost of replacing the item myself.
For example a local sax player had trouble with the finish on his Yamaha alto sax. When it went away to be inspected by the Yam importers to the UK he was told the deterioration in the finish was due to the fact he lived near the sea
all the best
Brian Jones
Mking77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,

I had the same problem with my V1, except the stems were lacquer and not silverplate. I went to the closest UMI dealer and special ordered new set of goldplated stems and buttons. It may take a while to get the set, and was a little pricey for my tastes, but man do they look good! I think most band instrument stores have a UMI catalog they can order them out of, if your's doesn't, you can always order from Hickey's music online. Just call and ask for Dave Zimet. Hope this helps!

~Jesse King
bj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mking77 wrote:
Brian,

I had the same problem with my V1, except the stems were lacquer and not silverplate. I went to the closest UMI dealer and special ordered new set of goldplated stems and buttons. It may take a while to get the set, and was a little pricey for my tastes, but man do they look good! I think most band instrument stores have a UMI catalog they can order them out of, if your's doesn't, you can always order from Hickey's music online. Just call and ask for Dave Zimet. Hope this helps!

~Jesse King

Hi Jesse
Brilliant mate. Just what I needed to know
many thanks
Brian Jones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: