• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Stand

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a K&M 3-leg stand. I use it a lot, and I haven't smelled any fungus smell . It's a great stand and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a portable, stable, and very nice all around stand.

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tl2uMp3t_Er wrote:
I have a K&M 3 Leg Stand. I don't think 3 legs and 5 legs matter that much unless the environment is a DISASTER.

My K&M five-leg is way more stable than my K&M three-leg. The margin is a good 30% on any surface. There's no disadvantage to the five-leg, so I recommend it to everyone.

Dave
dpb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: It's all about the trombone......... Reply with quote

I use a trombone stand as most of my playing is done standing up. It fits perfectly.
England
www.davidbacon.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't take a disasterous environment to cause a problem... an accidental bump by someone walking past or a moment's innattention is all it takes to create an accident on an otherwise perfect gig.

After experiencing a: a "tip-over" of a 3-leg K & M at an outdoor concert that left the mouthpiece jammed, and b: the tremendous stability of a 5-leg K&M flugel stand; I purchased two more 5-leg K & M trumpet stands (one for trumpet, one for cornet).

The 3-leg trumpet stand has been relegated at "spare/surplus/at-home-only". Don't waste your time buying a 3-leg if you don't already have one... go straight for the 5 leg model. They ARE far more stable.
Trumpet Dude
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tootsall wrote:
It doesn't take a disasterous environment to cause a problem... an accidental bump by someone walking past or a moment's innattention is all it takes to create an accident on an otherwise perfect gig.

After experiencing a: a "tip-over" of a 3-leg K & M at an outdoor concert that left the mouthpiece jammed, and b: the tremendous stability of a 5-leg K&M flugel stand; I purchased two more 5-leg K & M trumpet stands (one for trumpet, one for cornet).

The 3-leg trumpet stand has been relegated at "spare/surplus/at-home-only". Don't waste your time buying a 3-leg if you don't already have one... go straight for the 5 leg model. They ARE far more stable.

I god you just reminded me of something. My junoir year at the beginnning of band camp we had all the new freshmen come. This was our first practice and it happened to be the same day we got out of school.

Anywho, there is this freshman trumpet player that EVERYONE hated. He (during his eigth grade year) he came up to the high school to play in our jazz band because our band director pissed of all of the trumpet players so we had 2 trumpets. (Then the band director made jazz band manditory even though it was not a class and we met after school). This trumpet p,ayer was a hot shot. He though he was good and he was IF AND ONLY IF he could develop his sound. ALl he did was jazz manly because his dad is a piano player at UNT.

That was his history, back to the story. So at the beginning of this camp he set up boths for each instrument. It gave the freshmen time to meet the important people of the section and watch clips of what we do. This idiot freshman puts up his trumpet on a stand( K*G 5 foot thingy) next to the booth. We did not need trumpets out at the moment. He just wanted to show it off. Like I said, he thought he was a hot shot. We this fat chick trys moving through the crowd around our booth. She triped over the trumpet on the stand. The stand and trumpet fall of his case on to the floor. The she manages to step on it CRUSHING the trumpet. I had to hold my breath till this freshman kid left. I never laught so hard. I know, I know, it was wrong of me but my god was it funny. Of all the people to have this happen to it happened to him.

But hear me out.....
This is what he has done...

1. he came to the first jazz practice and asked our band director if he could play lead because that is what he usually plays

2. When he does not get the part he takes stuff up. his range sucks as well as his sound. G above f in the staff is about all he can get with a decent sound. No need for someone to take stuff up.

3. he dresses like a goth/punk yet he the onlly thing he listens to is jazz. Nothing wrong with listening to jazz but try to be more open minded. maynard may or may not like classical music but surely he can appriciate the musicality of it or lack there of.

Ahhhh....what a day that was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: