• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

REYNOLDS WEBSITE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: REYNOLDS WEBSITE Reply with quote

Hi,

There's a new website that's dedicated to the fine instruments of Foster Reynolds.

Lots of photos, history, ads, catalogue pages, etc.

CHECK IT OUT AT:

http://www.contemporacorner.com/

Tom Turner

PS: Vintage collectors may wish to save this link in their "favorites" section.

PPS: I just edited my original text to reflect the new website address.

Last edited by tom turner on Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
contempora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: thanks, Tom! Reply with quote

Thanks for the post and the plug - it's been a lot of fun (and work) to get the site off the ground, but I've really enjoyed it and look forward to sharing this with the trumpet/cornet community. Hopefully you won't take a poor trombone player too hard to task for any shortcomings!

Regards,
ElShaddai Edwards
Contempora Corner
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poor "trombonist" you say?

Nawww, I don't believe that . . . for you are playing a Contempora, so you are a rich man indeed . . . even if you DON'T have valves!

Love your website. Keep up the good work . . . and vintage trombonists are always welcome here!

We look forward to any input you can give us about Reynolds instruments!

Warmest regards,

Tom
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thrilled to see this site . . . Alan Rouse has said he was going to start a Reynolds site for quite some time, but now we really have one.

I was very interested in reading about the track record of Foster Reynolds, starting at Boston Instruments, then J.W. York, then H.N. White, then his own company, and then with Olds. Turns out I have an instrument that he may have actually handled from each of those companies (with the exception of Boston, but Tom makes up for my lack there).

I find it extremely interesting that the most popular "student" horn of all time, the Olds Ambassador, was designed after Reynolds tried to retire. He had at least one more great design left in him in 1947, it would appear.

Great stuff! Thanks, ElShaddai Edwards, for this service. By the way, trombonists are always welcome at the Reinhardt Forum here at Trumpet Herald. I play bass trumpet & valve trombone (in addition to trumpet), so I know that occasionally trombonists have a viewpoint worth hearing.

Rich
contempora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rich, for the comments! That's very much appreciated - I worked with Alan on a lot of the Reynolds history content. He's been very supportive of the site and endeavor.

Now a question for everyone: does anyone have a physical or electronic copy of the "Why We Play Reynolds Contempora" brochure referenced at the bottom of this Reynolds ad? I'd be very interested in seeing this if you do.

thanks!
ElShaddai
contempora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: new URL... Reply with quote

Just a quick update that I went ahead and registered the contemporacorner.com domain -- you can now get to the Contempora Corner site by going to:

www.contemporacorner.com

The old URL works too - this one's just a little easier to remember and bookmark now.

-ElShaddai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: