• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

tongue = air velocity?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bachboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Until this minor problem is resolved it may be best to ignore anymore stupidity."

OK, histrumpet, that just means we'll be ignoring you for a while, though...
histrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you managed a reply with out using biggoted, vulgar, or obscene language. That is an improvement.
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post may get flamed, or I may get called 'flaming' or something by our wonderful friend Bachboy, but who cares?

Here's an idea that could possibly prevent stupidity that has plagued this forum, and most recently this thread in particular.

Charge us a monthly fee to post on the TH.

I for one would be willing, (and I'm sure others would too) to pay cold hard cash (that I don't have much of) for the wealth of information contained and available here. If you had to pay money to post, I would imagine posters like Bachboy and trumpetmaster, who are seemingly not at all interested in anyone elses thoughts, or furthering their trumpet playing and post here as an easy way to practice passive/agressive behavior (passive, since they cannot be held responsible to the drivel they regale us with)would not pay money to do so. And if they did anyhow... they would be contributing to the collective anyway.

And, Yes, Trumpetmaster, I WOULD continue to post (and pay money to do so) and feel the things that were in the 'Nuclear Fallout' thread you keep referencing, but refuse to actually address and respond to. (Yes, you're getting predictable in your Master-dom these days)

In continuing to respond ahead of time, Bachboy, I am not gay. (In the usual sexual preference context). But, if you use that term 'loosely' and in the vernacular of your immature brethren, I very well could be. Gay, or Fag are not on my list of highly offesive things to be called. There are A LOT worse things to be considerd than homosexual. So, if you really just want to inflict some sort of emotional damage, please exercise a little more creativity, as it's always good for a laugh to watch you continually embarass yourself.

And Jeff Lambardino:
as a senior member (I believe you posted in the SC forum that you are nearing 70), I would love to lavish you with the respect you deserve solely for being on this earth for that long. (Respect your elders...) Nevermind respect for all the hard work you put in to garner and keep the great list of gigs you've played and or play. However, your amazingly defensive and highly caustic posting style continually require re-assesment of this. Perhaps this is solely based on the fact that since the TH forum has been changed so many times and all the information you've posted previously has been lost, causing people to ask redundant questions, bringing you frustration. Good to note... 1. it's not any of our faults, so no one deserves to be chastised for asking questions that were answered in forums now unavailable to us. 2. If it's going to be that big of a frustration for you (and I understand) then do not address it. I ask questions I haven't been able to find the answers to. No response from you (even though you probably have the information) is better than a "you idiot, I posted that info elsewhere" (where you can't get to it any longer). It doesn't seem that you intentionally want to make people feel badly, but that is the result of those kinds of posts.

In many many posts (particularly in the SC thread, as I'm trying to incorporate the methodology into my own playing) you show that you have a wealth of information to share. You're not shy about your opinion, which is great, although it's my personal opinion that your posts would be EVEN MORE highly regarded if you were to exercise some openmindedness regarding others right to have an opinion.

I find your exchange with Pair of Kings hard to understand, as she posted of her own volition that she felt she WAS wrong, and had taken appropriate steps (as much as what was available) to attempt to make this right. You had already won, made your point and had it verified by the object of your dissatisfaction. Apparently that isn't what you were after.

On another note... you find "QuadC, Bacon, Roddy, Mohan, EBJAZZ" 's posts to be so out of whack, it seems interesting to me that they are all non-SC players. That is a pretty good list of some of the more prolific posters on this forum. (Albeit that says nothing about quality at all, just an observation) This doesn't need to be a competition, it CAN be an exchange of ideas on a friendly, or at least respectful (of someone's right to have an opinion) level. I'm not saying that I agree with all, some or any of their posts, but that for a constructive exchange of ideas to be fostered a CERTAIN amount of respect has to be present.

I'm sorry this ended up being so lengthy, I hadn't intended on this. If anyone feels I've wasted their time here, I apoligize. But, if anyone feels the need to continue this conversation, as always, feel free to contact me anytime.

nicholasdyson@yahoo.com

[ This Message was edited by: Nicholas Dyson on 2002-08-04 19:15 ]
dwm1129
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this (thread) is why we can't have nice things!
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much bad blood, outweighs the constructive.

Locking this one down, sorry.

Editor
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: