• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Warm up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Young Man with a Horn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using the Stamp as a warm up before playing Caruso, but it has been suggested that I try starting with MCFB as the first thing that I play.

What I like about the Stamp is that it covers the complete compass of the instrument, preparing me to play any note within my range.

Which sections of MCFB would you recommend as a warm up, and would you suggest expanding the range of the exercises to incorporate more lower notes? I have heard of other experienced players doing this although I myself have only recently starting using Caruso.

Many thanks
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dive right in with the six notes, seconds, etc...whatever you are doing for calisthenics. You can do other things in your next session.

This isn't a Carmine thing, but I like to play a few notes on the leadpipe before hitting the six notes.
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use Caruso as a warm up, start with the Six Notes. Then do the Seconds and the Harmonics. A few ad lib scales should round it out.

Actually when I was studying with Carmine (and for many years after), I would do all of his calisthenics before moving on to other things in my practice routine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: