• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

There is life after a come back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Still Trying
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: There is life after a come back Reply with quote

After close to a 25 year lay off, I started playing trumpet again about two and a half or three years ago. In my youth I played in a symphony for 11 seasons, but never expected to do that again. Just too many years away from the horn. Then about an hour ago I got an invitation right out of the blue to join the local symphony in the town in which I currently reside. That's what I call a gift from God. Guess I better start brushing up on my transposition skills, which I haven't used in a while.

The New World Symphony is on the menu for my first scheduled concert. I haven't played that symphony since college days. I can't wait. It was always one of my favorites.

What do we have that we did not receive, and if we received it, why do we glory, as if we received it not?
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! Congratulations...

I guess the one thing we have going for us in our old age that we didn't have years ago is our improved "network," and our ability to recognize it, or be recognized by it.

I had been fritzing around with a horn for several months when some friends mentioned that their church orchestra had lost all its trumpet players. Fanfarish parts were being played by the clarinet (heresy!) and I was invited to join.
shastastan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, S.T.! That's really something to be excited about. The New World is one of my all time favorites, too, but I've only listened to it. Transposition? Hmmm....I don't recall having to do that in our high school orchestra....lucky for me, too.

Stan
zipdude
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go ST!!!

I've always wanted to play in an orchestra, since I like classical music the most of all genres.

Maybe someday I'll get a chance.

Mike H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: