• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wireless Setup For A Live Band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrassClass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Wireless Setup For A Live Band Reply with quote

I'm looking at getting a wireless setup for a pop band I'm playing with. Would a mic that clips onto the bell restrict the way the bell vibrates thus producing a more dead less lively tone? I don't care for the looks of the long type that attach to the 3rd valve slide - those look strange to me.
bdev
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a clip on "AMT Roam 1" mic and to be honest...I can't tell if it deadens the sound. It probably does to some extent but I can't hear it. The 3rd slide clip on is probably better if you are concerned with the resonance of the bell. I use the clip on because I switch from trumpet to flugel. The AMT Roam 1 is the best wireless I've ever used. No belt pack to worry about and it is light weight. Here's the link.

http://www.appliedmic.com/roamelite.asp
Reynolds Emperor Trumpet (1961)
Bach Strad 37 Trumpet
Holton 25 Cornet / Bach 6
MDT Morrison Trumpet (wind controller)
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on Samson Airline wireless microphone. They make a model for brass and it works great. No belt clip to deal with and it runs off of one AAA battery for 14 hours. (most other 'wireless' mics have awkward beltpacks and use 9V batteries. To me that was always the worst part of having a wireless mic.
After getting the samson, my gig life has been much easier.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mulligan stew
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What receiver do you use with that Samson wireless? Does it come with one as listed?

thanks

https://vectortrio.bandcamp.com/
BrassClass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the Samson Airline today. I contacted Sweetwater and they told me even though there are higher priced units and some of Samson's products may not be high end, he said this was "the" wireless system for trumpet.
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes with it's own receiver. YOu can walk around the whole club and it doesnt lose signal. It's not the best mic in the world but it's the most easy to use.
You'll enjoy it for a long time. I got mine a few years back and I still dig it completely. (if you have a good sound man, with a little tweaking you can get a GREAT tone through the PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: