• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Shopping for 2nd trumpet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajwitt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Shopping for 2nd trumpet Reply with quote

Hello everyone. This is my first post and am anxious for anyone's advice. I have started playing again and own an LA Benge. Unfortunatly, ofter 8 years of band and marching band it has a lot of wear and tear. The goal is to get it reconditioned. After I do this, I am not sure that I will always want to use it in the band I am in now. We do some parades, pep rally's, and other outdoor events. So I am looking for another horn. I just want something that has a big sound and I am not afraid to have outside a lot. I think that I would like to get a King. I really like the big sound and the price seems to be right. I found a King 2001 at a pawn shop that needs a little TLC and is under $400. Does anyone know anything about this horn? I have looked everywhere, but have come up with nothing. Is it an intermediate horn? I can't figure out when it was made. I am thinking that it is a UMI horn. I would love any comments. Thanks for listening.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would repost this in the horns thread. Many collectors hang out there and have good advice on horns.
B_Starry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by B_Starry on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
shastastan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shopping around is right, Brian. I lucked out and got a Getzen silver Severinsen for less than $500. It is a lot of horn for a rookie like me with a large bore, but now I'm set. It has seem some use but plays fine and I really like the valve action. I started with a Bach tr300 that I got on ebay for $120. It's also a great horn. I also got a Yahama 2330II cornet just because I always wanted a cornet also on ebay. If some unknown rich relative dies some day and leaves me a fortune, I might actually buy a new horn

Stan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: