• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bud Herseth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Dishman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irecently received a get well card from Mr. Herseth along with an autographed picture and a personal note. This is now one of my prized possessions and will shortly be framed and mounted next to a picture of us where I actually got to shake his hand.

There are three highlights for me regarding Mr. Herseth and this unexpected card is right at the top. He really doesn't know me other than from afar.

Bill Dishman
Gainesville, Florida
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gentleman musician, to be sure. What a great gift! Enjoy - Don

p.s. Didn't even know you were ill -- get well soon, Bill!
trumpetfox1234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Bud Herseth Spring Trumpet Festival UW La Crosse Reply with quote

University of Wisconsin La Crosse is having an absolutely fantastic Spring Trumpet Festival from Friday May 6-8 with Bud Herseth, Doc Serverinsen, Charles Lazarus of the Canadian Brass, and guys from the Minnesota Orchestra, Douglas Carlson and Robert Dover and others. Bud will speak four times and play also. A once in a lifetime opportunity. And it's cheap! Only $75 for the whole conference. The first 300 who register get to see Bud up close and personal on Friday at his two presentations one of them a hour and a half lecture and Q&A and the other an hour and a half master class. And he will talk more on Sunday and play in his classes and at the Trumpet Festival at the end with all the guys above plus others. A real deal. They just started accepting registrations so if you register now, you should have no problem being in the first 300.

La Crosse iWisconsin is a beautiful place and the campus is beautiful. Bud doesn't do many of these kinds of things in the Midwest anymore so I wouldn't miss this for anything.
You will get to see Bud and Doc and these guys up close and personal. Just found out about this.

Here is the info:

Register:

By phone:
608-785-6504 Toll free 866-895-9233
Fax 608-785-6547
Mail:
Continuing Education Department
205 Morris Hall
1725 State Street
LaCrosse, WI 54601

All the best,

Michael Goode
Principal Trumpet
Chicago Reading Orchestra
Author and Stage Fright Consultant
Stage Fright in Music Performance and Its Relationship to the Unconscious
www.trumpetworkspress.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: