• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bud...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that Bud is my hero...

sorry for the message that really doesnt relate to too much.

~J.R.R. Tolkien
fuzzyjon79
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud is a hero to many, including me... sitting at the top of the Chicago Symphony for 50+ years... what a great player!!!!!!
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a hero to more players than I think even he realizes.
RGale
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in Line!
TrumpetEnthusiast1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hail Bud!
GrumpyPe0n
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah he's my favorite player!!
Mikeytrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, this Bud's for you!

M.
SilverTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just in Chicago the last two weeks. I did a lot! Spent a good two hours browsing the CDs in the Symphony Store, unfortunatley only had money for two. got the Reiner Pines of Rome and the Solti Dvorak 9. Happy with my purchases. After listening to the pines finale I realized who the only option for best trumpet player ever to live is... BUD. No truthfully he has been my favorite player since I heard about him in maybe 8th grade.

I was also lucky enough to go to the opening of the Millenium park and hear the Grant Park orchestra. What a fine group. The next night I returned there to hear them play Shostakovich 5. Also very good. The next night I went out to Ravinia to hear the almighty CSO play Beethoven 5. Another wonderful night. AHHH if only I lived closer to Chicago, I guess I must settle for Boston.

~J.R.R. Tolkien

[ This Message was edited by: SilverTrumpet on 2004-07-28 09:24 ]
trumpetfox1234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are interested in Bud Herseth, Michael Goode, longtime student of Bud and
the author of Stage Fright in Music Performance and Its Relationship to the Unconscious, will be doing a free talk at the Evanston, IL Barnes and Noble Bookstores at 7:30 pm Monday, August 2. The store is located at 1701 Sherman Street in Evanston, IL in the Chicago area. Their telephone number is 847-328-0883.

He will be talking about stage fright and how Bud Herseth, Arnold Jacobs, and Will Scarlett think when they play. This will be a talk similar to the ones he has done since September 30 at the Univ of Wisconsin, the University of Chicago, University of North Texas,
to local 47 Musicians Union in LA, the University of Southern California, the BBC, Barnes and Noble Bookstores in New York City, New Jersey, the International Trumpet Guild conference exhibitor area in Denver Colorado, in Aspen at the Performing Arts Medicine Association Conference, at the Aspen Music Festival and School, and to countless other places and people across the country since September of 2003.

He also has written an article in the June 2004 issue of the Instrumentalist, and for those of you in the Chicago area, was featured on page 31 in section one of the July 29, 2004 issue of the Chicago Reader.

For those of you who will post that this is spam, I invite you to come to the talk and learn how to deal with your anger in a more constructive way.
trumpetfox1234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Bud Herseth Spring Trumpet Festival UW La Crosse Reply with quote

University of Wisconsin La Crosse is having an absolutely fantastic Spring Trumpet Festival from Friday May 6-8 with Bud Herseth, Doc Serverinsen, Charles Lazarus of the Canadian Brass, and guys from the Minnesota Orchestra, Douglas Carlson and Robert Dover and others. Bud will speak four times and play also. A once in a lifetime opportunity. And it's cheap! Only $75 for the whole conference. The first 300 who register get to see Bud up close and personal on Friday at his two presentations one of them a hour and a half lecture and Q&A and the other an hour and a half master class. And he will talk more on Sunday and play in his classes and at the Trumpet Festival at the end with all the guys above plus others. A real deal. They just started accepting registrations so if you register now, you should have no problem being in the first 300.

La Crosse iWisconsin is a beautiful place and the campus is beautiful. Bud doesn't do many of these kinds of things in the Midwest anymore so I wouldn't miss this for anything.
You will get to see Bud and Doc and these guys up close and personal. Just found out about this.

Here is the info:

Register:

By phone:
608-785-6504 Toll free 866-895-9233
Fax 608-785-6547
Mail:
Continuing Education Department
205 Morris Hall
1725 State Street
LaCrosse, WI 54601

All the best,

Michael Goode
Principal Trumpet
Chicago Reading Orchestra
Author and Stage Fright Consultant
Stage Fright in Music Performance and Its Relationship to the Unconscious
www.trumpetworkspress.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: