• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Politically Correct?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgadvert
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times Ive felt like the only guy willing to stand up and try to correct things that I felt were wrong.

As a band leader and business owner, I have learned that sometimes you MUST bite your tongue and say in things in a more indirect way than I'd like to. Sad it has to be that way. Last night at rehearsal I litererally wanted to punch my guitar player out(and then tell him off!) Instead, I had to candy coat the reasons I was pissed off at him cause the repercussions of doing it the way I wanted to would have outweighed the benefit.

The same rules apply to a moderator(another leadership position). Its sad when someone can bring so much to the table and is not allowed to because they have not learned tactfullness. As a non-moderator I enjoy the freedom to be a bit of a rebel discussing issues which disturb me. If I accepted the role of moderator, I accept that I wouldnt be able to speak as strongly as I would like to on a subject and more carefully choose my words.
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the same time, i've found it much harder to communicate on-line than in person. i've seen things written here that i took one way and others took another. that's the main problem on line, there is no tone of voice or facial expression to go with the words. well, i guess you can make a facial expression if you want to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: