• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How I REALLY Feel about Trumpet Herald!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWC Trumpet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that were hoping to read an inflamatory, angry, cynical post I can only say one thing: I apologize if I mislead you concerning the true intent of my writing. You see, Trumpt Herald is one of the things that makes my day worth going through. Without it there would most certainly be a musical void that cannot be easily filled in my life right now. Please, allow me to explain.
About one year ago I picked up my horn after almost ten years of not being able to play. Believe me, those were some of the emptiest years of my life. I used to be a pretty o.k. player, not anything that would attract proffessional attention mind you, but I enjoyed playing trumpet more than any other pasttime I was acquainted with.
After high school, I began studying with an instructor that was HIGHLY reccommended in my area at the time. Long story short: The changes that this individual made in my playing ended up causing some significant trauma to my lips. It was extremely painful both physically and emotionally. Imagine not being able to do that which you most enjoy.
Close to a year ago I met my current teacher, Ron Stoneback, a man that has proven to be instrumental in getting me back on the road to playing as well as a true friend. During the course of this time I also began something that I never would have imagined doing: I decided to go back to school and see IT through to the end. As you can imagine, it has been a time of radical change in my life and Trumpet Herald is to me what cable TV is to other people.
On TH I get to talk to other players, see what is going on in musical, technical, and technological innovations. In short, it's as exciting to me as all the presents under the Christmas tree are to a young child. I have learned more about famous players, technical and artistic approaches in the past few months than in all my previous years of admittedly poor study.
Maggio, Stamp, Callet, Adams, and many others were nothing but names in a phone book before I came accross TH. In addition to learning about some of the greats(both living and those who've passed on) I've gotten to meet some really great people while visiting this site. It has enriched me in a manner that I cannot repay and I am very thankful for all of the hard work that goes into keeping this site up and running.
I may not post very often, but I do read daily. Forgive me if I don't have the name right but Todd (I believe you're the SA, right?) for what it's worth, you've got my support. All things considered I think you're doing a great job.
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks! Positive stuff sent my way has been hard to come by recently, and I appreciate it!
B6L
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a part of the world where finding a good teacher is impossible, the Trumpet Hearld is, in the truest sense of the word.....a gift. I've seen more improvement in my playing since I started visiting this sight.For me the help I have gotten from the Caruso forum is beyond words.
If you are into anything from SC to Stamp,or if you aren't into any of that stuff but just dig collecting mouthpieces you can get all the information right here...........PLEASE lets NOT mess this up!!!
Nate
Hey Mr.SA If you are in Italy let me know and we'll have some vino and a big Italian meal!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: B6L on 2002-09-26 09:46 ]
Wheat_Grass_Juice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd or Systems Administrator,

In light of my message to you on the "1 login thread", I still believe that this forum is one of the best organized and member participating trumpet forums on internet even though it has a few "glitches".

You have a tremendous resposibility and I respect you for accepting it and are willing to keep working at it regardless of the "flak" you may receive.

I know what time and effort there is in coding and I am sure that you are not given the recognition nor appreciation for those efforts because most people don't know coding. I do not coding but have worked in that field. Many people outside of coding don't know the creativity and testing involved. They don't know that this requires a lot of thinking and even sleepness nights. Todd, I do not envy your position; yet, I respect it. It is a position that you can not do alone and it is hoped that you are not alone. If you are alone here then I expect your "burn out" to be very soon for you are going to need help in administration, etc. You will need sufficient time to code properly.

Todd, be well, be safe and take a break man.

Liad Bar-EL
edtaylor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have tried other forums, and TH wins.
Thanks Todd
trumpetguy99
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I try to visit the trumpet herald at least once a day to keep up on the trumpet world. Thanks to everyone who puts in hard work with little reward or appriciation! You guys are great.
_PhilPicc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWC Trumpet,

Great post and welcome to TH. I think everyone here has learned by participating in the great site.

All the best on your comeback;
Phil

We cannot expect you to be with us all the time, but perhaps you could be good enough to keep in touch now and again."
- Sir Thomas Beecham to a musician during a rehearsal
SWC Trumpet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheatGrass, PhilPicc, B6L, Ed, trumpetguy99, SA, and anyone else that I've forgotten,

I'd like to thank everyone for their opinions concerning TH. It truly is a great pleasure to be in some manner associated with fellow horn players and I look forward to the day when I can meet each and every one of you face to face.

All the Best,
Dan M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: