• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trouble with log in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trptmaster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard alot about the blocking features etc. and I can't wait to put them to some good use. I don't see this blocking feature anywhere and I am having trouble logging in. I can open up post new message and reply that way but the system won't just let me log in. I am using AOL. Is this the problem? I go to log in type my name in password but it just brings me back to the forum screen and it still says "not logged on"

In Peace,

trptmaster
_PhilPicc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you are using http://www.trumpetherald.com and not just trumpetherald.com I had the same problem and when I put the www in front it went away.

HTH,
Phil

We cannot expect you to be with us all the time, but perhaps you could be good enough to keep in touch now and again."
- Sir Thomas Beecham to a musician during a rehearsal
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trptmaster:

First, don't use AOL. Instead, start your AOL application and minimize it, then start IE and access the site with that.

Next, visit this page:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/clear_cookies.php

to remove old, corrupted cookies from your software.

Those two things should resolve the problem. If IE does not work, try Netscape.

Editor
trptmaster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much SA. I will try that! I would like to mention that this is by far the best Trumpet Site on the internet period. I have been checking this place out for years and it keeps getting better and better. I think you do a great job with the layout and the content. The forum section is by far one of the best on the internet in terms of ease of use and options. Overall this is an excellent site. Don't let some of the things that go on in the forum ever get you down. People always get pissed on internet forums. Its just the way things are. Keep up the great work with this site!

In Peace,

trptmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: