• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

a new leaf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FN Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello fellow trumpet players..

Just wanted to say that after 13 years Im finnaly going to buckle down and practice properly..lol..after a 4 year twenure with the Marine band and one college cd recorded. Im on a mission..to become a well rounded player. Im choosing to study Claude Gordon studies(I just bought the systematic approach,velocety studies,and tongue level excersises.) I currently have four hours a day to practice(im underway alot on a Coast guard cutter) so ill be putting in the time on my silent brass. i would like any advice on the proper approuch for studying gordon drills. Things to not do..or things to do and such..Ill keep you all posted on my endevors and hopefully get awesome advice along the way ...thanks for your time gentlemen.(and ladies...)

Dustin
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would advise you to get Claude's "Brass Playing Is No Harder Than Deep Breathing" book. It explains how to practice and develop correctly. If you read it carefully and understand what it says, you can modify the way the "Systematic Approach" book instructions are laid out and get even more benefits quicker.

Is there anyplace on that Cutter where you can play without using the Mute? If so, make use of it.

Lastly, a hint: Despite your having 4 hours a day available (and that is great!), build up slowly, don't tear down.

Sincerley,

John Mohan
Ex LA Studio Musician
16 Year Claude Gordon Student
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: