• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Embouchure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I have really been concentrating on tapping my foot and timing. I do my best to not think about chops, and it is working. I don't know if it is really happening, but my embouchure seems to be forming differently. I will set it normally during practice, then as I play it moves into a different position and stays there. I don't know if it is because of MCFB or not. Should be worried? I am not 100% sure whether is it helping or hurting my playing. Anyone got any opinions?

[ This Message was edited by: Goldenchops55 on 2002-07-17 14:18 ]
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Think!
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax. That is how any good trumpet player's embouchure develops. It evolves. The exercises are doing what they are supposed to do and it is already starting to change your other (non-calisthenic) playing. Do not be alarmed if your playing is a little bit inconsistent for a while. Everything will stabilize again soon and it will be better than you have ever played before!

It is OK to observe what is happening with the umbra of your consciousness. However, that is all you do...just observe. Keep doing the calisthenics and when you play other things you should just think musically and use the force!
Terry
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing up this old, old post again...

Goldenchops said in July:
"I don't know if it is really happening, but my embouchure seems to be forming differently. I will set it normally during practice, then as I play it moves into a different position and stays there."

After 2 months of Caruso, the same thing is happening to me. It's probably a good evolution because the tone is slightly better, and it's more comfortable; but I feel I took some steps back in terms of consistency and control. I'm sure it's temporary, but I was wondering how things turned out for you after your post, Goldenchops. How did you cope with it?
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been unable to log in, for obvious reasons. What are the effects? Well, first of all, soon after that post, I stopped doing them for a while. 6 weeks ago, I restarted them. It is like I have a new set of chops!! My endurance is unlimited(most times), my range is SOSOSOSO much more secure, I can play VERY comfortably up to High D with little discomfort, my current roof is a High F. Some other non-physical things, my timing is MUCH better, I do not have a delayed reaction any longer. My chops also seem to recover much faster. On Tuesdays I have about 30 mins rest between after school rehearsal, and private lessons, and my chops seem to be as good as new in that time. THe results are amazing. Stick with them!
Terry
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response, Goldenchops! Yeah, I've been keeping it up:) I am now a little over 3 months into the routine (spending 2 weeks on each lesson), and, as you say, it's like having a new set of chops. My chops soon became more stable soon after that post.

Caruso is the most useful and effective method I've learned in my 10+ years of playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: