• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Men vs women on the trumpet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icebraker613
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazz4yvonne wrote:
I don't think it's a matter of gender but a matter of ethnic background, having spent 4 years in Tokyo Japan as a professional I noticed at one time that everybody is a sax player so at one time I asked one of the the Japanese musician why I don't see much trumpet players and he said that it's because of their physical features,, and I have heard this from several professionals and this not coming from myselfand I am not bashing in fact I consider the Japanese musician as one of the most effecient musicians that I have had the priveledge of playing with. But you guys should check out Terumasa Hino,,one of my favorite trumpet players. A real monster and in my opinion too underrated.

yvonne, have you heard of the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra? They're amazing and fun to listen to. I think they are touring in the states now.
blasticore
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icebraker613 wrote:
yvonne, have you heard of the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra? They're amazing and fun to listen to. I think they are touring in the states now.

I have, though I'm not Yvonne. I recall hearing a bunch of different ska groups from Japan, like Potshot for instance (which I'm not sure if I spelled correctly, but am far too lazy to Google for assistance at the moment, yet can take 30 seconds typing all this stuff in parentheses. Weird how motivation works, huh?). They're all...interesting.
jazz4yvonne
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of them, I am not in that music scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: