• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What IS SuperChops?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcs150

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound like a really naive question, I probably should have asked this the first time I heard the term, but what exactly is the SuperChops embouchre? I've heard references to many different embouchres, but no one has ever explained what, exactly, they are or how to use them. If someone could just let me know what SuperChops and some of the other common ones are, and how to play them, it would be great.

I've been playing for a number of years, and find my high-range stagnating a bit. I've been doing all the exercises I know, lots of lip slurs, long tones, even blasting into mutes in the high range just for force air through. I've tried a few different embouchre things, but I'm really in the dark here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blasticore
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best way to see this would be to ask for access to the superchops forum, not post anything in it for a while, until you've got a full understanding of the concept, and just read everything you can about it. Contact the forum moderator (Lee Adams) abour access. I think I should also mention, if you're going to attempt an embochure change, make sure you have a teacher (in person) if you're planning on trying superchops. Happy playing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: