• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Irons forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trying-to-improve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that so many people use this method and I'm sure that I am not the only one that would like for there to be a place to discuss its use. The same for Schlossberg.
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a rash of forum requests lately. I would just like to take a moment to caution everyone to think about the usability of the forum when it becomes cluttered. Just take a trip over to the rawbrass forum or the tpo forum and spend an hour wading through each of those. I don't think there is enough discussion of Irons, Schlossberg, cornets or ham sandwiches to warrant a forum. Many of the ones we have now are barely used. The last post for the Stamp forum was 10/12/02. Chicago School: 10/5/02.

Also, we need to distinguish various exercise books (Irons, Schlossberg, Arban, Clarke) from actual methods of pedagogy which are being taught by the originators and their students. In my experience, all of the above books are used as supplements to one style of teaching, whether it be Chicago, CG, etc.

Just some thoughts for efficiency,

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Matt, less is definitely better.

Irons, Clarke, et al, have books and can very easily be discussed in Pedagogy or Fundamentals. Same with cornets. They're a horn. And there is a horn forum.

Maybe there should be a 'sunset' procedure for forums that fall into disuse after the initial flurry when they are first created. After a certain time of inactivity, the SA could announce a pending removal. The content of the forum could be relocated to another appropriate forum and then just be removed. No big deal.

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-11-13 14:01 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: