• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

charles schlueter foundation???????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
O-Ring
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have info on the charles schlueter foundation........................ i read through some stuff on his website and have come up with many questions. what the heck is the deal with this....................... iwonder if it makes sense to others????????? give me somefeed back here
http://www.cschlueter.com
ps where the heck did everyone go? this place looks to be really dead
lemonwedge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did order a Charles Schlueter Cd (Virtuoso Trumpet) from his website. When ordering a Cd you must place your order through the Foundation's website. Wondering exactly where my money was going, and if they would realize that I had ordered some music from Mr. Schlueter's web page, I did some looking around.

All I did was quickly go through the information on the Foundation's website. If you've done this then you have as much information as me, but here is what I found out. Mr. Schlueter sells his Cds and takes donations for the Foundation, with the purpose of using the funds to support music education for children. I believe that the foundation works with school music programs, supplying funds for instruments and music. I think that the Foundation does it's work Nationally, because they solicit money from people all across the country.

It is a good cause, one that Phil Lesh (bass player from the Grateful Dead) has also taken up. I believe that Mr. Lesh's efforts are separate from what the Schlueter Foundation is doing. Everything looked cool to me, and I believe in what they are trying to do, so I went ahead and ordered the Cd. It took a little longer than I expected, but I did get the Cd within 2 weeks, and I am pleased with what I got.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: