• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Band, Marching Band, School Band Forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walter
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep going to the Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo Forum thinking that there might be a new post on one of these topics. Instead, I read Band posts.

While I totally [dude] consider Bands to be legit, they seem to me to be beyond the scope of this area of the Forum. Don't bands, cornetists, and performance-as-competition-dudes&dudettes deserve an area of their own? In fact, I'd separate the cornetists from the mix. That noble instrument of Arban, Clarke, and other greats deserves an area of its own. Maybe we could call it the Tom Turner Memorial Cornet Corner with Guess Who as the Moderater. [Think Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom].

Bands, marching bands, post horns, cornets, etc. are a world apart from Orchestral/Chamber/Solo/C trumpet guys like me. Don't get me wrong: some of my best friends are orchestrally-other-gifted [Is that politically correct enough?]. I think that these guys need a place to dump ... excuse me ... express themselves.

I'm only thinking of them. Really!

walter
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB

Last edited by dbacon on Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Turner’s thoughtful theocratic tendencies to try to turn the think tank trumpetherold to topside things that took thinking trumpeters trying taxing times to troop their tasks together, tempts tenacious trumpeters to trumpet the tune taps.

Whew!!

Liad
_trumpetgod_02
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

say that two times fast......................I dare ya'.
hpkhilma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Walter on this one. Even though I am a devoted orchestral trumpet player I find that I don't visit the orchestra forum on the Trumpet Herald very often because it seems to be more of a marching band/drum corps forum. Though I was once deeply interested in marching and corps I have now shifted my focus. I think many would agree that orchestral playing and marching/corps playing appeal to two very different types of players. I think adding a marching band/corps forum would be a great step to improving the focus in the orchestral forum.

Kevin Hilman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: