• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Shockwave

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to go see Shockwave on Saturday. What are some of the things i should look for? Have any of you guys seen it? If so what did you think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kcrw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Shockwave was really good. I don't think it was quite as good as the original Blast though. As you may already know there are woodies added to the group. It is a smaller ensemble than the original Blast too. I think the saxaphone solos were over used through out also. But, nontheless it is an awesome performance. Some of the moves they do are amazing. I hope you enjoy yourself at the show. I still have tickets to see it 2 more times.
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoot!! they had to ruin it by putting saxophones in!! crap! Oh well as along as I hear screaming trumpets and cool brass playing I'll be satified.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i deff. heard screaming high notes... Coming from Sax players. Wow the sax section was awesome. The trumpeters weren't too bad. They were real strong. I liked the sound of the one guy that played Guaguanco. Great stuff. It was a great night. If you catch blast of shockwave in your town go see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: